- Directly responsible for all matters relative to program including, but not limited to, player personnel, practice sessions, care and maintenance of equipment and supervision of players during practice, games, travel and other team functions.
- Be knowledgeable of and consistently enforce school, District, League and state association (MHSAA) rules and policies.
- Effectively communicate with players, officials, fellow coaches, parents, administrators and community members.
- Ensure that the safety and welfare of the athletes is a top priority in the organization and implementation of practice and game situations.
- Be responsive to instructions and directions of the district Athletic Director and other appropriate school administrators. Present a professional image and provide a positive role model in terms of personal habits, language and conduct.
- Responsible for press releases and public relations as needed
- Coaching experience commensurate to the level.
- Maintain or are willing to complete Red Cross CPR, First Aid, and AED certification.