West Michigan Academy of Environmental Science strives to provide an environment that will foster creativity, promote academic achievement, and develop sound character and citizenship principles emphasizing responsibility to the environment and society, while maintaining and improving each child's self-esteem and self-concept.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Some experience as a coach or assistant coach at the middle or high school level.
- Must possess effective coaching techniques and skills.
- Must possess a thorough knowledge of the MHSAA rules, regulations, strategies, and techniques of the sport.
- Must possess the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with school administrators, parents, and students.
- Holds organizational meetings for team prospects and encourages potential athletes to participate in the sport.
- Assesses player's skills and assigns team positions.
- Develops a regular practice schedule and organizes practice time to provide both individual and team development.
- Works with the Athletics Director in scheduling facilities for practices and competition.
- Coaches and instructs players, individually or in groups, regarding the rules, regulations, equipment, and techniques of the sport.
- Observes players, during competition and practice to determine the needs for individual or team improvement.
- Establishes and maintains standards of pupil behavior and provides proper supervision of athletes at all times.
- Monitors the academic performance of team members to ensure that eligibility requirements are met; and encourages student athletes to maintain a high academic standard.