Position is responsible for coaching student athletes in game strategies and techniques to prepare them for athletic competition. Position motivates student athletes to develop an appreciation of the sport.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Holds organizational meetings for team prospects and encourages potential athletes to participate in the sport.
- Assesses player’s skills and assigns team positions.
- Develops a regular practice schedule and organizes practice time to provide both individual and team development.
- Works with the athletics director in scheduling facilities for practices and competition.
- Assigns duties to assistant coaches as necessary.
- Coaches and instructs players, individually or in groups, regarding the rules, regulations, equipment, and techniques of the sport.
- Observes players, during competition and practice to determine the needs for individual or team improvement.
- Determines game strategy based on the team’s capabilities.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Prior coaching experience preferred.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Arizona IVP Fingerprint Clearance Card (FPCC).
- Arizona Teaching Certificate OR Arizona Coaching Certificate (Preferred not required).
- NFHS Level I Certification (Includes Concussion in Sports, Fundamentals of Coaching, Sudden Cardiac Arrest and Protecting Students from Abuse).
- NFHS Cheer and Dance Safety Certificate (applicable for Cheer, Dance and Spirit Line).