The Cross Country Head Coach reports to the Athletic Director and is responsible for the overall operations of the program, in and out of season. Additional duties of the head coach include working in coordination with the Athletic Director to manage program budget, supervise activities and promote positive community relations. Applicants shall embrace the athletic philosophy of the school and give full support to the multi-sport athlete.
- Broad knowledge and skills in the principles and methods of Cross Country program operations.
- Ability to supervise and evaluate the coaching responsibilities of assistant coaches.
- Strong communication, public relations, and interpersonal skills.
- Working knowledge of SPC policies and HC policies governing athletics.
- Understand and agree with the philosophy and mission of HC.
- Maintain an active Christian faith that is a role model for HC athletes and exemplifies the HC mission.
- Minimum of five years coaching experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
While HC gives preference to members of the Christian faith, the School is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally-recognized basis [“protected class”] including, but not limited to: veteran status, uniform service member status, race, color, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth, or any other protected class under federal, state, or local law except those exclusions specifically provided to Religious Organizations.