To provide a positive athletic experience for participants, patrons, students, and coaches, and insuring a cost-effective and quality program that helps the student develop physically, emotionally, and mentally.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plans regularly scheduled practice sessions and activities which are designed to maximize the skill level of the individual athlete within the confines of district and state policies and regulations.
- Teaches the fundamentals of the game and the personal characteristics required by the demands of the sport.
- Interacts with building and district administration to schedule competitive activities within the confines of district and state guidelines.
- Is responsible for the welfare and safety of athletes at practice, during competition, and while teaching. This includes responsibility for students while on road trips and beyond game time (i.e., at motels, restaurants, locker rooms, and before and after games). Must attend safety and legal workshops sponsored by the district, i.e., CPR, first aid.
- Demonstrates skill and experience in the sport coached.
- Valid Idaho Teaching Credential preferred. If not, must be certified by the American Coaches Education Program or a similar program recognized by the IHSSA.
- Ability to work with staff, students, and the public.
- Preference for hiring will be given to a qualified teacher in the school where the
coaching vacancy exists. The Building Administrator will certify that qualified candidates within the building have been given consideration.
- Must have current CPR and first aid certifications, or have taken district course.
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable.