The Varsity Head coach supervises the specific sport’s entire program, including Junior Varsity and freshman teams. All aspects of the program are to be conducted according to the principles of the CIF-Clayton Valley Charter High School Code of conduct for Interscholastic coaches and the “Six Pillar of Character”, trustworthiness, respect, responsibility, fairness, caring, and good citizenship.
Techniques used in guiding, motivating and supervising students; Skills utilized to maintain positive relationships with students and other adults; school rules and regulations. Knowledge of rules and regulations of the sport at the high school level.
- Current (through the end of the season) First-Aid/CPR/AED Certification.
- Completion of the following NFHS courses:
- Fundamentals of Coaching.
- Sudden Cardiac Arrest.
- Concussions in Sports.
- Knowledge of the sport to be coached and the ability to work with high school students.
- Previous high school coaching experience preferred.
Clayton Valley Charter High School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, marital status, ancestry, political affiliation, age, sexual orientation, disability, medical condition, national origin, or mental or physical handicap in any of its policies or procedures related to admissions, employment, educational services, programs or activities.