Middle school head coaches oversee the growth and development of student athletes by focusing on fundamental skills instruction with an emphasis on whole child development to include expectations for academic and athletic excellence, leadership skills, and positive social relationships.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- One year of sport-specific playing and/or coaching experience in a secondary and/or post-secondary athletics program and/or related club coaching experience.
- Proven training and experience in the presentation of drills, safety factors, and proper application of skills.
- Three or more years of paid middle school and/or post-secondary sport-specific coaching experience and/or related club coaching experience.
- Completion of the National Federation Coaching Fundamentals Course to include passing the test.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in indoor conditions and on surfaces that vary in height and stability. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.