Under the supervision of the Sports Director the Cross Country/Running Coordinator is responsible for the supervision, management, and assistance of the assigned YMCA sports programs as they specifically relate to skill development, managing events, etc.
- Contributes to and supervise the fulfillment of the YMCA mission and serve as a positive role model, displaying YMCA core values at all times.
- Models relationship-building skills in all interactions. Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with community organizations.
- Maintains regular, clear, and concise communication within area of responsibility.
- Provides feedback and communication to the Sports Director about the program.
- Assists in the planning and implementation of program; including developing the training sessions, scheduling, team-building, etc.
- Displays confidence when interacting with parents, coaches, and participants.
- Demonstrates the ability to be intentional with developing the character of all participants and accomplishing the lessons “beyond the sport”.
- Serves as point person for trainings and events.
- High School Graduate or GED required with at least 2 years’ experience working with young children.
- Previous supervisory experience preferred.
- Must be professional, courteous and friendly, have a high level of initiative and be a self-starter.
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
- Strong computer skills and a working knowledge of Microsoft Office Multi-lingual desired but not required.