Reporting to the Director of Athletics, Intramurals and Recreation, as well as the Associate Athletic Director, the Cross-Country/Track and Field Head Coach, Athletics Operations Coordinator will be responsible for the guidance of the program, which includes practices and meets during traditional and non-traditional playing seasons as well as assisting with several components of the department’s operations.
- Designs, implement, assesses and conducts all practices sessions for the Cross County and Track and Field teams.
- Manages successfully the daily operations of the cross country, track and field team. Hires and supervises the assistant coaches.
- Recruits student-athletes within the rules and philosophy of the NCAA, ECC and College of Staten Island: Evaluates talent both athletically and academically. Emphasizes academic priorities to student-athletes.
- Performs all duties in compliance with the rules and regulations of the NCAA, the college and the ECC.
- Participates in fund-raising activities to supplement the cross country, track and field budget
- Serves as a positive and professional role model and mentor to the student community, treating all persons with dignity and respect; prevents harassment and discrimination by coaching staff and athletes and reports all breaches of ethical behavior.
- Maintains appropriate communications with students, other coaches, college staff, alumni and media.
- Bachelor's Degree and four years' related experience required.
- Three years of cross country, track and field coaching experience at the collegiate level, with an emphasis on mid distance.
- CPR, AED certified.
- Demonstrated ability to recruit and retain student athletes who are committed to academic and athletic excellence.
- Valid Driver’s License.