The Cross Country, Track and Field Assistant Coach is responsible for providing assistance and support for the conduct of a comprehensive, high quality NCAA Division II men's and women's track and field program, within the guidelines of all rules and policies established by the department, the institution, the NE-10 Conference, and the NCAA, in accordance with the academic standards, and the stated mission of Le Moyne College and the Athletic Department, including the advancement of its "Le Moyne Way" shared culture.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Design and implement workouts for various groups on the team. These groups would include High Jump, Long Jump, Triple Jump, hurdles, and sprints.
- Plans should be developed for the complete season.
- Experience in the throws would also be desirable but not a primary role.
- Coach several events during Track and Field competitions.
- Assist with travel arrangements including food, lodging and transportation.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- 2-4 years of experience in college level athletics either as an athlete or as a coach.
- Experience in high jump and hurdles
- Experience in long and triple jump preferred.
- Experience in the throws desirable but not required.
- 1-2 years experience in the conduct of a collegiate level Track and Field program with proven success in recruiting high quality student athletes and/or equivalent related experiences preferred.
- Knowledge of and ability to apply NCAA and NE10 conference rules as they pertain to the men's and women's cross country and track and field programs.