Reporting to the Head Football Coach, the Assistant Football Coach will be responsible for assisting in all areas of the football program. The position carries additional duties as assigned to assist the Athletics Department.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teaching and strengthening student-athlete (SA) sport skills and techniques.
- Assist with the development and implementation of daily practices and season plans.
- Must be able to recruit, yield and retain qualified SAs able to successfully compete within the Head Coach’s system.
- Hands on knowledge of Front Rush.
- Support the academic success of the team.
- Handle operating needs of the program, as assigned by the Head Coach, including the development of needed supplies, uniforms, and equipment.
- Coordinate travel as assigned by the Head Coach.
- Properly supervise and mentor other assistant coaches, student workers and volunteer coaches as deemed needed by the Head Coach.
- Additional duties will include game management for other sports.
- Must be able to work on weekends, evenings and holidays as necessary and assigned.
- Must be knowledgeable of NCAA governing rules.
- Must not be under investigation by the NCAA for any rules violations, or found responsible for any major NCAA violations.
- Must be CPR & AED certified.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.