The defensive coordinator for football is responsible for assisting the head coach to implement and direct all phases of a competitive NCAA Division III football program at DePauw University. This includes recruiting quality student-athletes, organizing and planning practices and game strategies, scouting, coaching, scheduling, budgeting and planning team travel in compliance with University, conference and NCAA rules and regulations.
- Understand and comply with NCAA Division III, conference and University rules and regulations. Demonstrate sportsmanship and ethical conduct.
- Demonstrate sensitivity to individuals of diverse cultural backgrounds and a commitment to a diverse community.
- Implement and execute a comprehensive recruiting plan for the identification and recruitment of qualified student-athletes, and maintain an acceptable roster per the University
- Demonstrate a scheduling philosophy that emphasizes academic priorities for student-athletes.
- Develop and implement plans and strategies for practices and competition which result in athletics success.
- Mentor student-athletes to ensure athletics and academic success.
- Make transportation and lodging arrangements for team travel.
- Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Analytical Skills - Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
- Adaptability - Ability to adapt to change in the workplace.
- Coaching and Development - Ability to provide guidance and feedback to help others strengthen specific knowledge/skill areas.
- Consensus Building - Ability to bring about group solidarity to achieve a goal.
- Diversity Oriented - Commitment to valuing a variety of different experiences, encouraging input and collaboration from campus stakeholders, including being mindful of experiences related, but not limited to: age, gender, race, ethnicity, religion, socio-economic status, LGBTQ, and/or job type.
- Leadership - Ability to influence others to perform their jobs effectively and to be responsible for making decisions.