The Deputy Athletic Director reports to the Senior Director of Athletics and works in support of the goals and operations of the Department of Athletics. This position involves a supervisory role in sport oversight, the student success and leadership program, facilities, equipment, and part-time/student staff as assigned, other duties pertaining to the operational needs of the department i.e., post-season arrangements may be assigned as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Update and provide NCAA rules presentations to 23 varsity teams annually.
- Disperse NCAA Educational rules updates and interpretations to the coaching staff.
- Ensure the NCAA rules test is completed by department members.
- Oversee all Name, Image, and Likeness opportunities for student-athletes while providing educational components to ensure compliance with institutional and NCAA policies.
- Responsible for submitting NCAA post-season bids and oversight of OAC championship budgets as a host site and billing and expense collection of championships.
- Serve as the liaison to the JCU eligibility certifying officers/Registrar’s Office.
- Manage transfer process and paperwork, self-releases, permission to contact, and medical hardships. Oversee the transfer student process with regard to eligibility tracers.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Three or more years of experience in collegiate athletics and administration.
- Knowledge and experience with managing systems to include calendars and scheduling.
- Strong communication, organizational, technical skills and attention to detail.
- Interest in understanding and supporting John Carroll’s mission to inspire individuals to excel in learning, leadership, and service in the region and in the world.