Reporting to the Director of Athletics, Deputy Athletic Director for Business Development is responsible for developing and leading revenue generating activities for the department of Athletics. Position will oversee business relationships with third party entities and lead the exploration/development of new business opportunities. The position will be the point of contact with a variety of local, regional, and national business partners.
- Master’s degree required; plus 10 or more years of related and progressively responsible experience working in intercollegiate athletics is required.
- Must have experience with sport oversight with preferred previous oversight of either men’s basketball, women’s basketball or football.
- Must have knowledge of marketing principles with preferred experience overseeing a marketing department; and development/fundraising principles with preferred experience overseeing a development/fundraising department.
- This position also requires extensive understanding and oversight of athletic budgets.
- Demonstrated leadership, crisis management and organizational skills and experience required.
- Prospect, meet and close a significant number of new and renewal high level corporate sponsorships, these could equate to up 7 to figure deals for athletics and the University.
- Ensures maintenance of client lists and accurate records and establishes annual forecasts of all activities. Makes recommendations for growth opportunities.
- Learfield/Sponsorship Management position will be responsible as the direct point of contact for all Learfield communications on all sponsorship agreements. This will include but is not limited to current business partners and prospective business partners. Position will serve as the direct point of contact for local sales teams, regional l and national. Responsible for all marketing and sponsorship agreements Learfield is the 4th largest revenue stream for athletics. Work with Learfield to develop compelling sales presentations for new marketing ideas by incorporating research, category dynamics and a clear understanding of the University mission and vision.
Syracuse University is an equal-opportunity, affirmative-action institution. The University prohibits discrimination and harassment based on race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender, national origin, citizenship, ethnicity, marital status, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law to the extent prohibited by law.