The Deputy A.D. for Internal Affairs will report to the Director of Athletics and will be a part of the Executive Leadership team. This position will supervise a broad range of sport programs and work closely with the Director of Athletics on Internal departmental operations. This role will also represent the athletics department on various University, conference and national committees and will assume the Senior Woman Administrator designation at the end of the academic year.
- Oversee various departments within the in athletics department.
- Represent SMU athletics on University, AAC Conference and national committees.
- Able and willing to travel as required.
- Willing and able to work extended hours including evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree is required. Master's preferred.
- A minimum of seven years of work experience, with at least three years of supervisory experience, is required.
- Prior experience within a Division I athletic department and experience with sports supervision is also required.
- Conference and national committee experience preferred.
- Prior experience serving on a senior level team desired.
- Knowledge and experience with Title IX/gender equity issues is a plus.
- Experience overseeing a budget preferred.
SMU will not discriminate in any program or activity on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, or gender identity and expression.