The Deputy Athletic Director for Strategic Advancement will provide strategic leadership and be responsible for department-wide strategic planning efforts and broad supervision with the department’s external units including development, athletic communications, multimedia, marketing, fan engagement, and alumni relations.
Examples of Duties:
- Oversee high-level departmental initiatives that support strategic planning objectives and supervise administrative staff as assigned.
- Serve as a member of the departmental leadership team to promote a culture of inclusion, growth, and learning.
- In the absence of the Director of Athletics and Recreation, serve as the athletics lead on all external matters
- Serve as a senior departmental strategist
- Promote the leadership development of staff and managers by mentoring, ensuring all have professional development plans/goals, and have opportunity and encouragement to grow.
- Coordinate and execute all department wide meetings and professional development programming for staff through close collaboration with the Director of A&R and Senior Woman Administrator.
- Provide strategic direction, leadership, and active participation to the external functions, emphasizing collaborative and unified work amongst the units.
- A bachelor’s degree is required; a master’s degree is strongly preferred.
- 5-7 years of previous experience in external affairs in higher education, nonprofits, college and/or professional sports is preferred.
- Proven experience and success in finding innovative and creative opportunities to engage multiple institutional constituencies.
- Discretion and ability to communicate and interact effectively with high-level donors and sponsor contacts and the ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Ability to gain a comprehensive understanding of the priorities of the Division of A&R and make a persuasive verbal and written case for supporting key programs and projects, effectively matching the interests of prospects to specific A&R needs.