The Intercollegiate Athletics Department at George Mason University, an NCAA Division I institution and a member of the Atlantic 10 athletic conference, is seeking qualified applicants for a Deputy Athletic Director, Intercollegiate Sports position (full-time, 12-month administrative professional). George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Mason’s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
- External relations – work collaboratively with external relations staff to ensure sports are meeting fundraising goals and utilizing effective marketing and communications strategies;
- Act as a lead sport supervisor, developing other sport supervisors and create a pipeline for future sport supervisors;
- Schedule, plan and conduct coaches’ meetings and staff meetings, as appropriate;
- Ensure sport programs’ compliance with NCAA, University, A10, departmental policies and procedures;
- Assist Athletic Director in annual overall evaluation of the sport program(s);
- Develop and prepare for the Director, periodic quality assurance and improvement reports;
- Work collaboratively with AD, Intercollegiate HR on assigned head coach contracts and initiate athletically related bonuses.
- Advanced degree or work experience equating to an advanced degree;
- 10 plus years of relevant professional experience;
- Experience in sports management / administration / performance, higher education administration, collegiate athletic administration and/or Division 1 coaching.