The University of Wisconsin-Platteville is recruiting for a Deputy Athletics Director/Chief of Staff. This position is responsible for assisting the Athletic Director in carrying out all assigned and auxiliary duties pertaining to the administration of the UW-Platteville Athletic Department. Such duties include, but are not limited to, strategic planning and assessment, fundraising and sponsorship cultivation, strategic partnership identification and cultivation, student-athlete development, budget planning and personnel oversight.
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of 3 years of leading / supervising student-athletes and personnel.
- Understand and support the Division III philosophy.
- Ability to lead a large group of self-motivated people to accomplish goals.
- Knowledge of NCAA and WIAC rules and requirements.
- Ability to generate revenue for the department.
- Comfortable with public speaking.
- Proficient in computer skills.
General Administrative Duties:
- Represent the athletic department at conference, regional, national, and university meetings as requested by the athletic director.
- Assist the athletic director as needed, including all student-related issues and concerns that may arise.
- Create an environment of inclusion for individuals of all race, gender, religious affiliation, and sexual orientation within the entire athletic department and university.
- Oversight of outdoor recreation activities and equipment.
- Responsibility for schedule support of the Director of Athletics when requested.
- Assist with general athletic department operations, gameday operations and facilities management.
The University of Wisconsin-Platteville is committed to recruiting, supporting and fostering a diverse, inclusive and civil community of outstanding faculty, staff and students, and is an AA/EEO Employer. A criminal background check is required for employment. Applicants must be legally entitled to work in the U.S. at time of hire.