The Deputy Director of Athletics for External Operations serves as a critical member of the Athletics Leadership Team and is responsible for the administration of the department in the absence of the Director of Athletics. This position will report jointly to the Director of Athletics and the Office of University Advancement.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Directs the vision for departmental external operations, building synergies between external units of the athletics team.
- Provides direct oversight for athletics marketing and promotional efforts, ticket pricing/strategies, and fan acquisition.
- Builds the brand of TU Athletics through collaboration with campus partners, etc.
- Serves as the top administrator of the Athletics Department in the absence of the Director of Athletics; plays a critical role in setting the strategic vision for TU athletics; and manages other projects and assignments as requested by the Director of Athletics.
- Serves as a Sport Administrator; supervision of varsity sports includes, but is not limited to accountability for team budget, compliance, athletics aid, coaching searches, scheduling, academic success, facility issues, event management, and media relations and marketing related to associated sport; develops strong communication with coaches, student-athletes, and other sport administrators in an effort to monitor their experiences and foster relationships with future alumni.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor's degree.
- Eight years of sport management and student-athlete services experience.
- Demonstrated record of achievement working in a challenging NCAA compliance setting at the Division I level.
- Demonstrated record of accomplishments that demonstrate initiative, creativity, and interpersonal skills in a university setting and a successful track record in dealing with the NCAA.
- Strong problem solving and communication skills.
- Alignment with and appreciation of the university's and department's strategic vision.
- Ability to create an action plan for achieving university and department priorities in the supervised areas and articulate a compelling case for supporting the priorities of the Department of Athletics.