- Collaborates with the Director of Athletics in assessing the operational, fiscal, personnel and facility needs for Athletics.
- Manages the day-to-day operations of the Department of Athletics.
- Coordinates tasks and programs for the Department of Athletics.
- Develops departmental policies and procedures to support the mission and work of Athletics.
- Works collaboratively with the Director of Athletics to build a department organizational structure (i.e., identify positions, develop job descriptions, reporting structures, etc.).
- Oversees responsible budget management within the Department of Athletics in collaboration with the AD, the Associate AD, and Business Manager.
- Serve as the primary liaison and primary point of contact for the Friends of Bates Athletics program with the Office of College Advancement.
- Design and implement supervisory expectations and practices within the department.
- Master’s degree required.
- Certification in CPR/AED/Basic First Aid preferred or within three months of hire.
- Current valid driver’s license and clean driving record required.
Bates College is committed to the principle of equal opportunity and providing an educational and work environment free from discrimination. The college prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, age, disability, genetic information or veteran status and other legally protected statuses in the recruitment and admission of its students, in the administration of its education policies and programs, or in the recruitment of its faculty and staff.