The Deputy Director of Athletics will report to the Director of Athletics and operate as a designee. This senior leadership position will serve as the senior compliance administrator and liaison to university partners, athletic conference and the NCAA. The successful candidate will serve as the primary administrator for multiple varsity sport teams, and will be responsible for internal operations that impact coaches, student-athletes and the greater Maryland Eastern Shore Community.
- Lead all NCAA and Conference rules compliance operations.
- Coordinate the submission of required reporting and supporting the overall growth of the University of Maryland Eastern Shore Athletics Department.
- Provide strategic leadership
- Responsible for broad supervision of the Athletics Department internal units including Title IX, Compliance, Academic Support Services and SAAC.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the Director.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills.
- A minimum of 3 years of NCAA compliance experience.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of NCAA rules and a duty to cooperate with and furnish the NCAA, conference, or institution with truthful and complete information concerning involvement in, or knowledge of rules violations, as mandated by the NCAA.
- Demonstrated supervisory experience.