The purpose of this classification is to assist the Division Director in the implementation of the Sports Tourism Division goals and objectives and division operations; assures the effective coordination of programs and strategies, and develops programs that are within budget constraints; oversees the work related to sports sales and destination sports marketing functions of the Collier County Tourism Division, Naples, Marco Island, and Everglades Convention and Visitors Bureau (CVB).
- Provide leadership on behalf of the County relating to the Sports Complex including but not limited to sporting events, concerts, special use permits such as conferences/ gatherings or special interest activities regarding marketing, communications and logistics across other County divisions.
- Responsible as the primary conduit between Paradise Coast Sports Complex management company and County Leadership regarding operational and County related needs and concerns.
- Responsible for the creation, maintenance and communication of a destination wide calendar of activity providing insight to community visitation and asset use compression related but not limited to special events, sporting events, sporting tournaments, community concerts, cultural events and themed activities.
- Identify, solicit and attract potential ancillary sporting and special events to Collier County beyond the Sports.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Sports Management Business Administration, Public Administration or related field; five years of professional experience in marketing, tourism, sports marketing, strategic planning; five or more years of prior management-level supervisory experience is required.
- Certification in Destination Management such as CDME or PDM, or sports and other marketing or management credential is preferred.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Florida Driver’s License with any applicable endorsement(s) to drive a County vehicle as provided in CMA 5805.