Reporting to the Director of Athletics and Recreation, the Deputy/Senior Associate Director will work to support the mission and core values of the University and Department as a member of the leadership team. The Deputy/Senior Associate Director will have broad supervision of the department’s events, marketing and promotions, fan engagement, and sports information.
- Serves as a member of the leadership team and has oversight in the Director of Athletics absence.
- Oversees NCAA rules compliance education, monitoring and student eligibility.
- Sets direction for the Department’s communications and social media department.
- Manages event management and facility scheduling.
- Supervises the Assistant Director for Internal Operations.
- Creates and implements a marketing and promotion plan for home athletic events targeting current students, alumni, staff and the local community.
- Manages the Department’s community engagement activities.
- Sport Administrator for select sports.
- Oversees student-athlete development programs and events.
- Liaison to campus career services, communications, marketing, and licensing departments.
- Tracks awards for all teams and manages award purchases and distribution.
- Minimum requirements include a college or university degree in related field.
- Minimum requirements include knowledge and skills developed through 7+ years of work experience in a related job discipline.
- Minimum of seven years of athletic administration experience.
- Managerial experience.
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law.