The role of the Development Coordinator is to assist in the execution of all youth and adult recreational hockey programs organically by continuously introducing new youth and adult players to the sport and keeping them engaged with a varied product offering at the Icemen Igloo Facility.
- Assist in the planning, organizing and growth of recreations youth and adult hockey programs.
- Work closely with other staff in the recruitment and training of coaches and volunteers.
- Assist in the evaluation of players to ensure proper placement in various programs.
- Coordinate other full/part time staffing responsibilities associated with programs.
- Assist Manager, Hockey Operations in planning, organizing and planning year round youth hockey league to drive season over season revenue.
- Process registrations, collect payments by due dates, organize teams and create schedules.
- Four-year (4) degree in Sports Management, Recreation, Business Management or a related field preferred.
- 3-5 years of hockey playing experience preferred.
- Current USA Coaching Certification.
- Complete training of USA Hockey Safe Sport program.
- Experience planning and coordinating hockey leagues, camps and /or clinics.