Reporting to a Senior Development Director, a Development Director (DD) manages a variety of disciplines including Artists, Designers, Software Engineers, QA, and other Production staff. DD's are the keepers of the project schedule and play an important role in successfully moving the Development team from one project phase to the next, while ensuring a focus on quality, collaboration and communication.
- Build and evolve effective teams; identify resourcing needs, provide challenges and development opportunities to ensure that all employees reach their potential.
- You will build working relationships with the immediate team, and those outside of the immediate team that have an effect on project completion.
- Provide line management to employees across departments and within a single project team.
- You will communicate regularly with the project team and coordinate dependencies with external partners.
- Participate in the hiring process to ensure candidates meet project requirements.
- You will establish and assign tasks from defined project goals; achieve project deliverables through managing a team at a project-level (e.g. franchise-wide level).
- You will proactively mitigate risk for assigned scope and quality.
- Minimum of 8 years project management or team leadership experience, with 4+ years of management experience working in a dynamic and collaborative team environment.
- University degree, bachelors, or equivalent professional experience.
- Experience communicating across all levels and organizations.
- Experience in project management methodologies such as Waterfall and Agile.