The Director Athletic Compliance performs duties to ensure institutional compliance with department, institutional, state, federal, NCAA and ACC guidelines. Assists the Associate Athletics Director for Compliance with the overall operations of athletics compliance including compliance-related projects and other administrative duties as assigned by the Associate Athletics Director for Compliance.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree/Juris Doctor preferred.
- Two (2) plus years of full- time experience applying Division I NCAA rules and regulations at a Division I institution.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills combined with the ability to interact with diverse groups is required.
- Strong knowledge of Cai and LSDBi are essential. Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite. Willing to work evening and weekend hours.
- Oversee, calculate, analyze, and monitor all aspects of Athletics Financial Aid awarded to student-athletes.
- Assist with compliance-related projects and perform other administrative duties as assigned by the Associate Athletics Director for Compliance.
- Prepare and administer all aspects of Athletics Financial Aid Requests, Early Financial Aid Estimates, Merit Aid Pre-Reads, and the Institution’s National Letter of Intent Program.
- Primary Sport Contact for several of the institution’s athletics programs.
- Main point of contact within the Department of Athletics for the Office of Financial Aid, Bursar Office, Disbursements Office.
- Assist with compliance-related projects and perform other administrative duties assigned by the Associate Athletics Director for Compliance.
Syracuse University is an equal-opportunity, affirmative-action institution. The University prohibits discrimination and harassment based on race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender, national origin, citizenship, ethnicity, marital status, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law to the extent prohibited by law.