The Director Athletics will be responsible for performing work involved in assisting principals and coaches in planning and implementing a comprehensive athletic program at the middle and high school level. The work requires an understanding of program goals along with a thorough knowledge of federal, state and local legislation.
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Minimum of 5 years of successful leadership as campus athletic coordinator or director.
- Assist in the process of recruiting, screening, interviewing, and hiring of assigned staff.
- Initiate personnel actions including documentation and termination under the guidance of Human Resources.
- Conduct performance appraisals of assigned staff.
- Plan, assign and direct work of assigned staff.
- Distribute UIL information to all coaches.
- Provides organizational means to ensure that all coaches follow UIL rules and regulations.
- Monitor and manage PAPF's from all athletic programs.
- Attends school specific and district meetings as assigned by supervisor.
- Submits required reports, lists, and records to appropriate administrator.
- Distributes UIL information to all coaches.
- Assists campus athletic coordinators with Booster Club funds and in proper spending of all money raised.
- Accessible for meetings to resolve conflicts or concerns involving parents of student-athletics.