The Director for Athletics Academic Achievement provides academic guidance to prospective and enrolled student-athletes to ensure that they receive the academic advising and support needed to succeed academically and meet university and NCAA academic eligibility requirements.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Provides effective academic advising and up-to-date campus information to football student-athletes; conducts individual advising appointments with student-athletes who have concerns about their major choices, progress toward degree, grades, or any other aspect that may impede their success toward graduation and NCAA eligibility and APR requirements.
- In the absence of the Senior Assistant Athletic Director for Athletic Academic Achievement, serves as supervisor for the area; fills in on committees and attends meetings where needed when the Senior Assistant Athletic Director is not available.
- Supervises Learning Specialists and coordinates all aspects of the Athletics Academic Achievement program for Learning Specialists; monitors academic progress/status of student-athletes throughout each academic term with particular attention to class attendance, academic achievement, and academic support requirements.
- Maintains appropriate documentation and academic records to verify compliance with NCAA, CAA Conference, and university rules and regulations.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Three years of experience in academic advising, mentoring, support and/or other related experience
- Knowledge of academic and graduation requirements, NCAA progress towards degree requirements, and other NCAA rules and regulations.
- Strong organizational and degree planning skills.