Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage an effective process of monitoring student-athlete academic progress, incorporating current best practices in the profession. Read reports regularly and communicate with service providers (tutors, learning specialists, and academic mentors) and faculty to consistently recalibrate individualized student services.
- Manage supports and design interventions for student-athletes through effective collaboration with coaches, mentors, tutors, and faculty.
- Facilitate the production and delivery of regular academic reports with accurate, timely, and relevant information.
- Provide academic advising services to a caseload of Football student-athletes; monitor their academic progress and continuing eligibility.
- Communicate appropriately with coaching staff through formal and informal meetings; regularly and promptly share detailed information regarding the ongoing academic progress of assigned student-athletes through delineated channels.
- Initiate and maintain regular contact with faculty of student-athletes on your caseload or those who may be presenting concern.
- Navigate complex bureaucracy, resources, and academic requirements to help student-athletes meet their academic and athletic goals.
- Connect student-athletes to resources for their career, personal, leadership, and academic development.
- Serve as an academic representative for on-campus recruiting operations. Prepare and update presentation materials for use during prospective student-athletes' visits to campus.
- Demonstrated and successful experience providing academic support to student-athletes at a D1 institution.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively and effectively with various constituencies in a time-sensitive and occasionally pressured environment.
- Proven skill in identifying, coordinating, and implementing supports and resources to meet the dynamic needs of student-athletes.
- Knowledge of learning strategies for collegiate work and some familiarity with the needs of those with learning differences and disabilities.
- Demonstrated experience communicating with both student-athletes and the stakeholders who impact student-athlete well being and academic success, including but not limited to report generation and delivery, faculty engagement, and time sensitive outreach.
- Experience developing productive relationships with student-athletes to motivate them to reach their potential.
- Evidence of commitment to principles and practices that enhance diversity, equity, and inclusion.