The Director of Applied Sports Science is to work as a part of the Cincinnati Reds Health and Performance department with the primary objective of leading an applied sports science staff in developing and applying practical, technical, and tactical health, performance, and human movement skill enhancement protocols across the Reds organization that revolve around baseballs key performance indicators.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implement continued education opportunities for both inter and intradepartmental summits, and oversee the long-term development of the applied sports science coaches in all areas of leading sport science, including the organizations core values.
- Effectively work with our field staff on movement mechanics as it pertains to baseball skill acquisition (i.e. the correlation between assessing and teaching human body movement for hitting and pitching mechanics).
- Integrate applied sports science protocols into all Reds off-season performance development camps.
- Demonstrated ability to manage budgets, execute sensible contracts, and maintain relationships with technology vendors.
- Be prepared to assist the scouting department in performance assessments and injury risk profiles of amateur players.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Independent judgment and ability to multitask is required to plan, prioritize, and organize diversified workload.
- Strong work ethic and willingness to work long, flexible hours including weekends and holidays.
- Must be trustworthy and comfortable with managing large quantities of money and sensitive information.
- High level of interpersonal skills and be able to effectively communicate with wide range of departments, seniority levels and personalities.
- Knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, database and presentation software (Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint).