The Director of Athletic Communications handles all media relations aspects of Elizabethtown College’s 24 NCAA DIII varsity athletic programs, promoting the teams, student-athletes and coaches through web, social and video media channels.
- Produce and manage all content on Elizabethtown College’s athletics website, EtownBlueJays.com;
- Supervise Athletic Communications Assistant and train student assistants;
- Serve as media coordinator for college-hosted Landmark Conference and NCAA championship events;
- Serve as liaison between athletic department and local, regional and national media;
- Create original content for Elizabethtown Athletics’ social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram);
- Direct department’s video streaming initiatives in partnership with Stretch Internet through BlueJaysTV;
- Promote and publicize the Blue Jay Athletic Association and its initiatives, including the Student-Athlete Recognition ceremony (STAR), through the athletics website and other means, as appropriate.
- Bachelor’s degree with three to five years of athletic communications experience.
- Experience working with various social media platforms.
- Experience documenting statistical athletic records and maintaining statistical databases.
- Experience and demonstrated proficiency with computers.
- Must have ability to work on deadlines and handle several responsibilities simultaneously with minimal supervision.