The Director of Athletic Communication, in conjunction with the Director of University Marketing and Athletic Communication, is responsible for sports-related information and communication in web, broadcast media, print, and publications for all sports; serving as a liaison with head coaches, sponsor representatives, alumni, community outreach, and print/media communications and with the Athletic Department in the collecting, reporting and archiving of statistics.
Primary Job Duties:
- Facilitate the gathering, reporting, and archiving of statistics for the varsity athletic teams at Warner Pacific.
- Demonstrated proficiency in statistical programs including StatCrew and PrestoSports.
- Ensure the functionality of live stats and video for home events.
- Maintain athletic website for the department with current rosters, schedules, results, statistics, game recaps, and sponsor advertising.
- Maintain accurate records of all-time athletic records and statistics for all sports programs.
- Develop, catalog, and store a comprehensive photography library for all sports
- Nominate athletes for all appropriate conference and nationals awards (player of the week, scholar athlete, etc.).
- Create and execute a promotional strategy for each sport according to priorities established by the Director of Athletics and Director of University Marketing and Athletic Communication. This will include designing print collateral, creating promotional/recruiting videos, writing feature stories of coaches/athletes, and leveraging social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.).
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, sport management, or related area.
- Demonstrated proficiency with media and sports technology and public relations experience; sport and event management.
- Experience working with diverse populations.