The University of Pikeville in Pikeville, Kentucky seeks a dynamic and creative Director of Athletic Communications and Digital Media interested in the continued development and growth of the University’s Athletic Media. This is an exceptional opportunity for a motivated and accomplished professional to join a progressive athletics team and innovative university environment.
- Serve as the main point of contact for upikebears.com and manage the website.
- Manage UPIKE Athletics Social Media channels.
- Spearhead UPIKE Athletics branding efforts.
- Continued growth and management of Athletics Department live production of Athletic events.
- Manage the UPIKE Sports network and ensure that all home events are livestreamed.
- Create special publications and new media for all Athletic Teams.
- Record statistics for all UPIKE Athletic teams.
- Write game recaps for all UPIKE Athletic events.
- Work with the UPIKE Athletics Hall of Fame committee to conduct Hall of Fame inductions and update the Hall of Fame displays.
- Develop relationships for sponsorships and create new ways to display sponsorships on game days.
- Bachelor’s Degree is required. Master’s degree is preferred.
- Three to five years’ experience is required.
- Previous experience managing budgets is preferred.
- Familiarity with editing products and equipment is also preferred.
- Previous experience producing live streams for Athletic Events.
- Ability to utilize InDesign and Photoshop.
- Ability to organize and distribute the workload among members of the Athletic Communications staff.
- Must be familiar with Microsoft Office, particularly Word and Excel.