The Director of Compliance reports to the Associate Athletic Director for Compliance and is responsible for assisting with the education and enforcement of NCAA, Big Ten Conference and Northwestern University rules and regulations for student-athletes, coaches, staff members, and donors.
- Supervise all aspects of a subset of sports associated with Bylaw(s) 11, 12, 13, 14, 16, 17, and 20.
- Provide rules education, rules interpretations and other necessary services to a subset of sports, liaison groups, and to internal and external constituents.
- Complete and submit request for waivers of NCAA and Big Ten rules, where necessary.
- Maintain student-athlete files/records for the Athletics Compliance Office, ensuring that all required NCAA and Big Ten documentation is up-to-date and preserved according to the institution’s document retention policy.
- Complete and submit requests for waivers of NCAA and Big Ten rules, where necessary.
- Travel with the institution's sports programs to select away and postseason competition, as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Successful completion of a full 4-year course of study in an accredited college or university leading to a bachelor's or higher degree; OR appropriate combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 3-year experience in a collegiate athletics department as a coach or administrator.
- Professional verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work in a dynamic fast paced environment and manage stressful situations.