- Write and submit 30-50 proposals for College athletic priorities and involve vice presidents and athletic administration where applicable.
- Steward athletic donors by reviewing acknowledgement documents; preparing narrative and financial reports; communicating with donors on an ongoing basis via email, mail, phone, and face-to-face meetings; and coordinating meetings and site visits with College senior leadership and athletic leadership.
- Develop athletic giving plan for pool of 100-125 donors and prospects.
- Attend athletic events and College functions as necessary; serve as resource staff to Institutional Advancement Committee and future "President's Roundtable," as necessary.
- Support the College's constituent engagement model by assisting with joint efforts related to advancement, athletics and admissions and other integrated plans that impact multiple areas of the College.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- A minimum of 5 years of demonstrated experience fundraising in athletics, preferably in a higher education setting.
- Demonstrated success in the cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of athletic prospects is required.
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team environment to achieve institutional goals.
- Strong analytical and independent decision-making capability required.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills required.
- Strong project management, leadership, organizational planning skills with the ability to set priorities and balance concurrent tasks.
- Proficiency in data-based systems and business software is essential.
- Flexible and available for evening, weekend, or early morning events and meetings.
McDaniel College, an equal opportunity employer, does not discriminate in the recruitment, admission, and employment of students, faculty, and staff in the operation of any of its educational programs and activities. McDaniel College will not tolerate any discrimination or harassment on basis of any protected status including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, military status, genetic information, marital status, veteran's status or any other legally protected status.