The Director of Athletic Development is responsible for developing and implementing fundraising strategies in pursuit of Davidson’s aspirations in athletics. Responsibilities include developing philanthropic relationships with key supporters capable of making major gifts, overseeing the athletics annual giving program, and leading programs and communications to increase donor engagement. This position currently supervises four positions.
- Lead all aspects of athletic fundraising, including the Davidson Athletic Fund.
- Provide strategic vision and leadership resulting in the successful completion of key campus fundraising initiatives.
- Goals will include fundraising for endowment, current-use support, and facility projects.
- Set goals in consultation with the AVP for Development and Director of Athletics and monitor activity and progress toward goals while providing inspiring and productive support.
- Coordinate with other development departments to drive athletic fundraising, especially with major gifts officers, the Office of Parent Giving, and the Office of Annual Giving.
- Bachelor’s degree (experience will be considered in lieu of a bachelor’s degree).
- Minimum of five years fundraising experience preferred with a proven track record of accomplishments, strategic thinking and taking initiative.