The purpose of the Director of Athletic Equipment job is to ensure University assets are protected through adherence to applicable external and internal regulations and appropriate external representation of ULM Athletics.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for overseeing and managing the Athletic Adidas apparel orders and contract for the University.
- Responsible for managing the department’s budget, as well as the promotional budget for the University.
- Responsible for managing the athletic department’s equipment, uniform, and other various athletic apparel inventory on a day-to-day basis for the various sports.
- Managing the athletic department’s relationship with its sports equipment and apparel vendors.
- Ordering and/or assisting sports and athletic administration with ordering sports equipment and apparel.
- Responsible for issuing equipment and uniforms to and collecting it from student athletes.
- Repairing and cleaning of sports equipment and uniforms.
- Planning and overseeing designated areas of game operations.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree
- AEMA (Athletic Equipment Manager Association) certification.
- Collegiate equipment/apparel experience preferred ULM/MD/9-21-2016.
- Knowledge of the Adidas ordering management system preferred.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of communication and marketing best practices.
- Organization skills and ability to handle multiple tasks and details effectively.
- Ability to effective interact with a wide variety of constituencies.