This position will be under the general supervision of the Assistant Athletic Director/Events & Facilities and will be responsible for the daily operations of athletic department facilities. In addition, this position will also be responsible for coordinating assigned athletic events.
- Two or more years of full time or part time equivalent experience in building management, project management or facility/event operations.
- Knowledge of facility, athletic, recreational, entertainment, and public assembly functions.
General demonstrable skills in mechanical and electronic fields.
- Experience in administration and planning of various events.
- Skill in use of specialized tools and maintenance equipment used in the operation of public assembly facilities, athletic facilities, and fields.
- Experience in personnel supervision, crowd control, and OHSA rules and procedures.
- Ability to review and analyze existing systems, operational procedures and equipment and recommend changes and/or additions to improve efficiency.
- Remain at a workstation for extended periods.
- Move about in various locations across campus as needed to complete day-to-day work.
- Effectively communicate on a daily basis.
- Visual acuity to operate motor vehicles or heavy equipment.