Extend California Baptist University’s brand’s reach, by coordinating and implementing marketing plans for the athletic department and its athletic programs. The successful candidate will be responsible for the marketing, promotions, and fan engagement initiatives for the department and each of its 20 sport programs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understand and agree to abide by the mission of CBU and the CBU Athletics Department.
- Develop and execute short and long-term strategic marketing, advertising, and promotional plans to increase brand awareness, attendance and revenue for men’s and women’s sports.
- Direct oversight and supervision of the Athletic Marketing and Fan Engagement staff, including one full-time staff member, student interns, and gameday personnel. This position is responsible for hiring and recruiting for these positions.
- Responsible for creating marketing plans and fan engagement strategies for assigned programs.
- Lead on-campus marketing strategy to reach students, faculty, and staff.
- Coordinate with communications, media production, ticketing, and event management to provide a first-class fan experience at all athletic events.
- Oversee the planning and distribution of marketing materials for sponsors, vendors, campus departments and other key audiences.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to promote the philosophy and objectivity of the intercollegiate athletics programs, including adherence to all department policies and procedures, as well as the rules and regulations of the university and the NCAA.
- Skill in the use of personal computers and related software applications.
- A thorough knowledge of: Business English and arithmetic; general office methods, procedures and practices.
- Ability to plan, develop, and coordinate multiple projects.
- Ability to read and write at a level appropriate to the duties of the position.
- Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to work effectively with a diverse faculty, staff and student body.