Lynn is currently accepting applications for the position of Director of Athletic Performance. This position reports to the Associate Athletic Director for Student-Athlete Services and is a member of the athletic department senior leadership team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops, implements and supervises comprehensive strength and conditioning programs for assigned sports to optimize student-athlete performance.
- Works closely with athletic trainers to ensure strength and conditioning programs align with treatment plans for injured student-athletes.
- Participates in the on-campus recruitment activities of prospective student-athletes as requested.
- Works to identify facility needs and initiate and develop plans and projects to meet those needs.
- Works closely with individual coaching staffs to understand performance goals and expectations of their student athletes.
- Assists with student-athlete nutrition education and monitoring.
- Coordinates work with coaches, other support staff, and constituents for purposes of scheduling.
- Ensures the completion of administrative tasks and functions.
- Ensures adequate maintenance and appearance of all areas under supervision. Ensures equipment is maintained at all times.
- Bachelor's Degree in exercise physiology, exercise science, physical education, or related field.
- CSCS Certification or SCCC Certification from either of these nationally accredited organizations.
- 2 years of professional experience as a strength and conditioning coach at the university level or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- CPR and First Aid certification (required upon hiring).