Under the direction of the Senior Associate Athletics Director for Sport Performance/Compliance and UI Health Care Team Physicians, the Director of Athletic Training Services is responsible for planning, reviewing, adjusting, and communicating Sports Medicine policies and procedures as well as monitoring, supervising, and providing Athletic Training health care services to University of Iowa certified eligible student athletes.
- Master’s Degree in Athletic Training, Sport Performance, Exercise Science (or international equivalent) or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in athletic training, sport performance, exercise science or related, to include related leadership or supervisory experience;
- One to three years of experience as a Certified Athletic Trainer (ATC) providing sports medicine coverage for an NCAA athletic team in a comprehensive sports medicine environment;
- Board of Certification (BOC) in athletic training;
- Iowa Athletic Training license upon commencement;
- CPR/BLS certification;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills as demonstrated through clinician experience and/or use of effective and creative training techniques.