We believe that all students can achieve at the highest levels and are committed to providing opportunities that will permit all students to do so. mASD director of athletics will lead the overall athletic program, as well as to manage the details necessary for successful day-to-day operation.
- Valid Mississippi Department of Education AA Teaching Certificate.
- Master’s Degree.
- Five years coaching experience.
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Superintendent may find appropriate and acceptable.
- Provides leadership for all athletic coaches and staff members.
- Assumes responsibility for the distribution and sale of tickets for all athletic contests to which admission is charged.
- Releases information regarding athletic contest, schedules, ticket sales, etc.
- Receipts and keeps accurate records of all monies coming through the department of athletics.
- Submits financial reports as required by the central office to insure proper accounting and auditing of athletic funds.
- Grants permission for broadcasts of athletic contest.
- Compiles athletic handbooks for coaches and student athletes to set up expectations, procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Plans and organizes physicals for all athletes.
- Sees that all coaches instruct his or her student/athletes of the inherent dangers involved in his or her sport.
- Works with and communicates effectively with all booster clubs.
- Procures an insurance program to provide to all student athletes wishing to purchase such coverage(s).
- Assumes responsibility along with the head coaches for providing parents with forms and information on athletic insurance claims.
- Makes proposals and recommendations concerning the department of athletics as needed.
- Coordinates the inventories of athletic equipment.
- Provides forms for Inventory and District Athletic Eligibility.
- Responsible for getting schedules sent to MHSAA.
The Mississippi Achievement School District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.