Under the supervision of the Chief Executive Officer, the Director of Athletics is responsible for the overall planning, operations, and evaluation of Boys & Girls Clubs athletic programs including strategic and operational planning, financial planning and administration, promotions, community relations, staffing, facility use, safety, security, and risk management. Director also supervises and trains athletics staff and recruits, trains, and supervises athletic volunteers. Director may also have to coach and should have a general knowledge of coaching methodology.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with senior management team to coordinate, plan, and implement long-range objectives and strategies for athletics programs in conjunction with BGCSA organizational mission.
- Provide direction for day-to-day program operations via the athletics staff and volunteer coaches.
- Develop and implement sports membership and participation goals and action plans, and monitor progress and statistical accuracy.
- Ensure that registration processes for each sport are continually reviewed and modified to provide a professional registration service to all customers.
- Develop and supervise Athletics Department budgets ensuring timely and accurate reporting of income and expenses, and adequate return on investment to Club.
- College degree or equivalent experience in recreation programming, physical education, and business management with additional experience in volunteer and youth program management preferred.
- Licensed coaching qualification from a nationally recognized governing body.
- A demonstrated ability to lead and obtain results through others.
- The ability to recognize needs and plan for change over a 3-5 year time frame.
- The ability to organize and manage multiple projects.
- Demonstrated problem analysis and resolution at both a strategic and functional level.