The New Hope-Solebury School District is seeking applicants for an anticipated Director of Athletics to oversee all athletic department duties which encompass scheduling, athletic facility review, obtaining officials, and coordinating transportation.
Essential Job Functions:
- Advising the School on supplies and training equipment needed for the sports medicine program.
- Assisting the School faculty and athletic coaching staff in the design and implementation of a continuing education program for the School’s athletic coaching staff.
- Assistance in monitoring athletic injuries and assistance in developing an injury prevention training program under the direction of a licensed physician to be provided through the School.
- Coordinating and providing injury follow-up and evaluation to assist the treating physicians of students.
- Providing condition and flexibility training suggestions to the School coaching staff under the direction of a licensed physician to be provided through the School.
- Manage athletic teams, non-competitive activities, and extracurricular programs;
- Recruit, hire, orient, train, supervise and evaluate internal and part-time coaches.
- Degree in athletic administration preferred, and Master's degree a plus;
- Athletic training experience preferred;
- A minimum of five years' experience in athletic administration preferred;
- Strong organizational, presentation, communications, and interpersonal skills;
- Must be self-motivated, conscientious, and able to plan, organize, and work efficiently;
- Ability to perform well under tight time constraints, multitask, meet deadlines and adapt to changing requirements as needed;
- Keen problem solving and decision-making abilities.