The Director of Athletics is responsible for the development, management, coordination and supervision of a competitive intercollegiate athletics program, including a varsity level eSports program. The Director of Athletics also (1) provides visionary leadership, strategic planning and development for the athletics program; (2) maintains an athletics program that is committed to the mission of the college; (3) administers the overall athletic budget; and (4) recruits and manages the administrative, and coaching staff.
- Interpret and adhere to the rules, regulations, and eligibility requirements of the National Junior College Athletic Association, Region XIX and the Garden State Athletic Association.
- Ensures compliance with the National Junior College Athletics Association, Region XIX and the Garden State Athletic Association College rules and regulations, particularly those regarding financial aid and student eligibility to participate in intercollegiate athletics.
- Provide mentoring, leadership, and supervision of all coaches and other department staff including student workers.
- Responsible for managing a 15-team athletic program, a fitness center, and intramurals.
- Prepares and administers staff performance evaluations.
- Develops a competent and effective coaching staff by recruiting and hiring qualified head coaches, providing guidance on departmental or College policies and coaching philosophy, encouraging professional development through participation in coaching decisions and recruiting activities, being accessible to coaches as needed, evaluating and providing assessments of their performance.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience working as an assistant athletic director, athletic director at the collegiate level.
- Significant successful experience in the administration of intercollegiate athletics or comparable managerial experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of the rules, regulations, and eligibility requirements of the National Junior
- College Athletic Association, Region XIX and the Garden State Athletic Association.