The Director of Athletics is responsible for managing, developing strategic planning, casting vision, and providing leadership in the Department of Athletics. These responsibilities include recruiting, training, and equipping athletic staff, volunteers, and students in order to transform lives and develop leaders who are able to give back to the community.
- Seeks the Lord’s direction through prayer and the word of God for the vision and direction of the athletics ministry of Urban Impact and ensures that the goals and purposes of the athletic programs are carried out.
- Develops the strategic plan for the department and ensures the needed resources are in place to carry out the plan.
- Approves and/or creates and teaches the spiritual development curriculum.
- Facilitates discipleship and mentoring for the department.
- Mentors/disciples staff, volunteers, and youth and seeks to multiply leaders.
Skills, Experience, and Education:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Proven leadership and management skills with 3-5 years’ management experience.
- 3-5 years’ ministry leadership experience required.
- Theological training preferred.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to recruit, network and build strategic relationships.