To ensure the overall operations of the athletic department of the University functions in a manner that maximizes opportunities for success of all University NCAA sanctioned teams. Student-athletic, academic, and social accomplishments establish a key measurement of success. Overall compliance with NCAA, conference, and University standards and policies shall be expected.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build and maintain cooperative relationships across university divisions.
- Work under the direction of the President of the University of Louisiana Monroe and sit on the President's Executive Council as a senior member of the administration.
- Will represent the University, the University Athletic Department, and all University initiatives with the highest integrity and affirmation in public and private discussions.
- Responsible for development, management, and supervision of a competitive Division I/ Football Bowl Subdivision athletics program.
- Athletic Director will provide visionary leadership in the development of strategic plan and policy development for the athletics department in a manner consistent with University policies and within the rules and regulations of the National Collegiate Athletic Association and the Sun Belt conference.
- Lead the University in fundraising efforts for the athletics programs, through collaborative establishment of annual goals, engagement of both University and ULM Athletic Foundation leaders, engagement of community leaders, and effective deployment of all human and other resources to ensure achievement of such goals.
- Bachelor's degree required, advanced degree desirable.
- Must have successful experience in a senior administration of intercollegiate athletics role or equivalent business experience.
- Skilled in fundraising, with the ability to represent the University in a friendly, open, equitable, and collegial manner
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong organizational, supervisory, marketing, and financial management skills.
- Thorough knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations
- Proven track record of leadership, including training of present and future leaders
- Possess the ability to work with a diverse population.