The Director of Athletics facilitates the planning, implementation and monitoring of interscholastic, intramural and youth athletic opportunities for diverse school community in compliance with pertinent state and federal laws, Board of Education policies and instructions from the Superintendent.
- Supervise personnel in the athletic department.
- Recruits, interviews, screens and recommends qualified persons to fill a variety of positions, including, extra-curricular athletic, intramural and coaching staff and related personnel.
- Maintain active communication with the building principals on areas of interest
- Ensure that all individuals recommended for hire have and maintain appropriate credentials for employment.
- Develop and administer an annual review process for all employees in the area of responsibility.
- Review, develop and implement performance programs for participation in athletic events in accordance with the district polices.
- Recommend opportunities for professional development for relevant district staff through workshops, conferences, etc.
- Provide content for communications (i.e., newsletters, social media notifications, website updates, fliers, etc.) with students, community and families regarding extra-curricular athletics, events, contests, try-outs, practices, etc.
- Prepare an annual projection of the financial needs for relevant areas of responsibility.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse groups of people.
- Strategic outlook and ability to lead with a systems results-oriented perspective.
- Ability to engage in effective interpersonal communications.
- Capacity to identify, diagnose and prioritize key issues.
- Advanced skills for effective delegation and follow-through.
- Ability to navigate the challenges of a highly regulated environment.
- High reliability and executes tasks and directives in timely manner.
- Outstanding project management skills.