The Director of Athletics manages the athletics programs for Notre Dame Academy (NDA) high school and Notre Dame Academy Elementary (NDAE) school. This position also manages the coaches, coordinates the athletic programs for students and contributes to the overall positive growth and development of NDA. This position requires evening and weekend commitments.
Essential Position Responsibilities:
- Develop, manage, and supervise developmentally appropriate athletic and PE programs in line with the school’s overall educational mission and goals.
- Recruit, hire, and onboard competent and properly trained coaches.
- Manage student athletes, parents, and coaches.
- Communicate with students and parents and respond to inquiries timely.
- Coordinate team travel and transportation.
- Manage sport, facility, and officials scheduling.
- Manage athletics budgets, income and spending.
- Oversee the distribution, collection, storage, upkeep and replacement of all school athletic uniforms and equipment including the weight room.
- Represent NDA at all league and athletic associations, attend association meetings, and complete paperwork for CIF/CYO/FIYA/NDA.
- Master’s Degree in Athletic Administration (preferred), Bachelor’s Degree in Health, Fitness, or Education specializing in interscholastic athletic leadership.
- At least four years progressive experience in Athletics; background in athletic training.
- Experience coaching elementary, middle and/or high school age children in a variety of sports activities.
- Experience scheduling and organizing multiple teams and coaches.
- Strong references for administrative abilities, connection with students, and coaching.