Responsible for all functions of the intercollegiate athletics programs and campus recreation program. The Athletics Director (AD) is responsible for leading and coordinating efforts to identify, attract, and enroll student athletes. In strong collaboration with the Enrollment Management Division, this includes developing and implementing effective recruitment strategies and building relationships with prospective students and their families.
- Develop, implement, direct, and evaluate the College's intercollegiate athletics program.
- Create and maintain a competitive athletics program that supports academic success, retention, and graduation.
- Supervisor of record for the positions of Head Coaches, Associate Director of Athletics, Assistant Director of Athletics, Head Athletic Trainer, Director of Sports Information, Administrative Operations Coordinator, and the Strength and Conditioning Coach/Leroy Merritt Fitness Center Manager.
- Plan, direct and oversee the work of assigned staff. Develop and maintain job descriptions, make hiring and disciplinary decisions, and provide feedback on job performance. Approve timesheets.
- Partner with Institutional Advancement to foster relationships with individuals in support (financial and otherwise) of the athletics program.
- Partner with the Physical Plant Director to identify, prioritize, and complete capital improvement and other facilities-related projects.
- Maintain a collaborative relationship with the Admissions Office to ensure a seamless recruiting experience for student athletes and families.
- Bachelor's degree required. Master's degree preferred.
- Ten or more years of administrator or related experience.
- Five or more years of supervisory experience required.
- Strong organizational, communication and leadership skills required.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends required.
- Ability to research, interpret and operationalize applicable regulations and college-policies.
- Ability to work effectively and productively in a collaborative team capacity.